With a little help from friends we assembled this monster of a lathe. Just one of the legs weighs more than my entire old lathe complete with its stand. It took about 2 hours to remove all of the parts, clean the packing grease off, and assemble the lathe.
This week I received a very large delivery to my humble shop. My wonderful wife allowed me to get a new lathe so that I would have more flexibility in the size and scale of the projects that I can make. From the moment I made my first bowl I realized that this is a
Plans are being made, things are getting done, and patience is being tested. Soon there will be a new addition to the Techie Turner workshop….Stay tuned for Monday…
These pieces should make for some really nice bowls when they are done! These are cut in half and then sealed up to prevent them from cracking until i can rough cut them into bowls. via Instagram http://ift.tt/2iYVK1j
When there is a warm day in the middle of January I don’t like to waste it. It was a great day to catch up on a backlog of logs that needed to be prepared for being turned on the lathe. I chopped the logs with the chainsaw, and then cut them into blanks with
Testing a post from mobile.
Feel free to browse around, but please ignore the dust and chips…I am still carving out the site.